II. Раскройте скобки, поставив глагол в надлежащую временную форму.
1. It was raining when the band went on a picnic out of town. However, by the time they got to the old windmill, the rain (stop), so everybody had a lot of fun there.
2. It was the first time Ian's daughter ever saw him because he (lead) the life of a drifter and (travel) all around the country.
3. Ritchie wasn't confused by the story they (tell) him at that moment.
4. Jon told Roger that the night (be going) to be really cold but Roger (say) he (be, not) afraid because he (hear) the weather forecast and (put) on some warm clothes.
5. Ian knew the place well, so even before he (begin) to sing, he (be sure) his voice (echo) in the distance.
6. When Dave started singing Soldiers of Fortune, I (take) her hand.
7. By the time the song was sung, she (decide) to stay.